Areas of Expertise
|Apple OSX | Windows||Knowledge Documentation||Project Management|
|SQL | JSON||Google Cloud Platform||Business Intelligence|
|Active Directory||Microsoft Office 365||ITIL & PMP Methodology|
Rentokil North America, Charlotte, NC
Application Support Analyst, April 2014 – Present
Analyst supporting proprietary applications used throughout the US and Canada by field employees. Use ITIL and PMP methodology to successfully manage product life cycle and deployment of updates. Interact with vendors to direct product development and resolution of operational issues. Created user documentation, videos, and support knowledge documents. Design SQL queries used by the business reporting.
TIAA-CREF- Apex Systems, Charlotte, NC
2nd Level Desktop Support, September 2013 – April 2014
Second Level Support of Windows 7 and Apple OSX based systems for 11,000 end users located in the Charlotte campus and remote throughout the country. Approximately 17% of users are remote working from home or regional offices supported from Charlotte. Perform troubleshooting and support of approximately 1,200 applications, computer hardware and peripheral devices.
Union County Public Schools, Monroe, NC
Desktop Support Engineer, September 2011 – August 2013
Maintain laptops, printers, smartboards and other multimedia for Union County Public School system. Provide Active Directory, SCCM administration of end user accounts and software deployment. Image, repair and configure laptop and desktop systems in a Windows 7 environment. Provide OSX Apple support for MacBooks and iMacs.
Technology Integration Group (TIG), Waxhaw, NC
Depot Supervisor, April 2011 – September 2011
Supervisor for Union County Public School Depot in Waxhaw, NC for Dell Computer Systems. Responsibility includes overseeing and assisting in all computer repairs and imaging for client. Manage daily pickup and delivery schedule. Monitoring SLA’s to ensure 48-hour compliance level. Manage all reports and parts procurement from Dell Partner site (DOSD).
Carolinas Health Systems – TEK Systems, Charlotte, NC
Project Manager, April 2010 – April 2011
Manage IT projects for the Carolina’s Healthcare System. Manage requests, engaged necessary resources and teams to see projects to a successful completion. Duties include research, budgeting, purchasing of goods, quote preparation as necessary for successful implementation of projects. Maintained excellent SLA ratio and customer satisfaction survey results. Use Remedy to manage and create work orders for other teams.
- Managed Deployment phase of over 4000 Mobile Devices for Verizon service conversion project.
- Worked closely with Verizon, scheduling and executing Device Fairs and Exchange visits
Apple, Inc. Charlotte NC
Apple Care Advisor, April 2009 – April 2010
Apple Care Support Line Advisor supporting Apple customers across the United States for all CPU based products and Apple Software.
- Recipient of Apple Care Excellence Award 2010 presented to one team member in each region.
- Provided advanced diagnostics by telephone consistently receiving praise from consumer based end users for timely and expertly solving problems.
- Consistently met monthly service levels, customer satisfaction goals, and sales goals for team and region.
IBM Global Service, Charlotte, NC
System Service Representative, June 2001 – December 2008
Member of second level deskside support team supporting Belk Department Store corporate office. Performed computer imaging, operating system, application support, and inventory management at both customer corporate and regional offices.
- Refined support model using Remote Desktop Connection leading to improved average call resolution time.
- Streamlined XP conversion using Ghost, Image Servers.
- Created problem solution database for Lotus Notes, Hyperion Essbase, Lawson, Microsoft Office and company specific applications.
- Lead customer remote worker initiative supporting Citrix VPN solution.
Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance, Charlotte, NC
Technical Coordinator, July 2000 – June 2001
Supported all on-site information and communication systems located in the Business Insurance Service Center. Also supported call center ACD systems and provided after-hours remote support.
- Developed new hire systems training program which reduced problem tickets by 20%.
- Successfully upgraded Lotus Notes by implementing a thorough upgrade plan.
- Implemented equipment lease monitoring program leading to elimination of past due lease returns.
- Developed Call Center ACD system management reports leading to Call Center grading system.
- Provided chair side and classroom training for Microsoft Office and Royal Insurance applications reducing helpdesk ticket volume.
Sirona USA, LLC, Charlotte, NC
Product Specialist, September 1997- July 2000
Product Specialist for Sirona USA (formally Siemens Dental X-ray) providing manufacturer support for x-ray and dental systems on site and by phone nationwide.
- Implemented Y2K procedures resulting in 28% customer call volume reduction.
- Developed technical training support for dealer technicians throughout the USA on Siemens/Sirona X-ray Equipment through in-house training classes.
EIL Instruments, Inc., Charlotte, NC
Technical Service Manager, February 1988 – April 1997
Managed in-house, on-site calibration services and contract labs in customer facilities. Supervised and trained seventeen in-house technicians and seven field service technicians in four state area. Directed outside sales staff and managed P&L statement.
- Assisted in growing a two-person calibration office into a successful corporate enterprise.
- Maintained high profitability, growth and production ratios within EIL’s seventeen locations. Increased sales by 15% annually for last five years.
- Developed Contract Calibration Lab program.
- Implemented ISO9000 quality system and successfully passed certification.
- Developed materials and conducted in-house sales and marketing training.
Wyle Labs, (NASA) Hampton, VA
Field Service Technician, March 1986 – February 1988
Contract service provider for NASA Langley supporting test equipment, PC’s, terminals and Mainframe computer systems
United States Navy
Electronic Technician, August 1980 – March 1986
Electronic Technician servicing communication, radar cryptographic and test equipment for the US Navy.
- Completed over 2 years of Advanced Electronic Technical Training and Troubleshooting
Certification and Education
Microsoft MCP XP, Server2K
Comptia A +
Comptia Network +
Novell System Administrator 5.1
Central Piedmont Community College School of Nursing – PHI THETA KAPPA Honor Society 4.0 GPA
United States Navy Advanced Electronic Technician School
United States Navy Specialized Electronic Technician School
University of North Carolina at Wilmington Business AdministrationDownload a pdf of my current resume