- Dedicated Technology Support Specialist with entrepreneur attitude experienced in supporting technology in “large enterprise” settings. Consistently achieves record-high customer satisfaction rankings, improvements to the bottom line and turnaround of customer issues. Develops processes and procedures resulting in efficiency and cost savings.
- US Navy trained in electronic troubleshooting and advanced problem determination with industry desired IT certifications. Documented track record for completing projects on time and under budget. Lofty productivity goals achieved through efficient time management, prioritization and persistent follow-up.
OSX | Windows 7
Lotus Notes | Outlook
End User Support
| Remote Workers
|| Process Development
TIAA-CREF - Apex Systems, Charlotte, NC
Second Level Support of Windows 7 and Apple OSX based systems for 11,000 end users located in the Charlotte campus and remote throughout the country. Approximately 17% of users are remote working from home or regional offices supported from Charlotte. Perform troubleshooting and support of approximately 1,200 applications, computer hardware and peripheral devices
2nd Level Desktop Support , September 2013 – Present
Union County Public Schools, Monroe, NC
Desktop Support Engineer, September 2011 – Present
Maintain laptops, printers, smartboards and other multimedia for Union County Public School system. Provide Active Directory, SCCM administration for end user accounts and software deployment. Image, repair and configure laptop and desktop systems in a Windows 7 environment. Provide OSX Apple support for Macbooks and Imacs.
Technology Integration Group (TIG), Waxhaw, NC
Depot Supervisor, April 2011 - September 2011
Supervisor for major client’s depot in Waxhaw, NC for Dell Computer Systems. Responsibility includes overseeing and assisting in all computer repairs and imaging for client. Manage daily pickup and delivery schedule. Monitoring SLA’s to ensure 48 hour compliance level. Manage all reports and parts procurement from Dell Partner site (DOSD).
TEK Systems - Carolinas Health Systems, Charlotte,
Project Manager, April 2010 April 2011
Manage IT projects for the Carolinas Healthcare System. Manage
requests, engaged necessary resources and teams to see projects
to a successful completion. Duties include research, budgeting,
purchasing of goods, quote preparation as necessary for successful
implementation of projects. Maintained excellent SLA ratio and
customer satisfaction survey results. Use Remedy to manage and
create work orders for other teams.
Managed Deployment phase of over 4000 Mobile Devices for Verizon
service conversion project.
Worked closely with Verizon, scheduling and executing Device
Fairs and Exchange visits
Apple, Inc. Charlotte, NC
Apple Care Advisor, April 2009 April 2010
Apple Care Support Line Advisor supporting Apple
customers across the United States for all CPU based products
and Apple Software.
Recipient of Apple Care Excellence Award 2010 presented to one
team member in each region.
Provided advanced diagnostics by telephone consistently receiving
praise from consumer based end users for timely and expertly solving
Consistently met monthly service levels, customer satisfaction
goals, and sales goals for team and region.
IBM Global Service, Charlotte, NC
System Service Representative, June 2001 – December 2008
Member of second level deskside support team supporting Belk Department Store corporate office. Performed computer imaging, operating system, application support, and inventory management at both customer corporate and regional offices.
• Refined support model using Remote Desktop Connection leading to improved average call resolution time.
• Streamlined XP conversion using Ghost, Image Servers.
• Created problem solution database for Lotus Notes, Hyperion Essbase, Lawson, Microsoft Office and company specific applications
• Lead customer remote worker initiative supporting Citrix VPN solution
Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance, Charlotte, NC
Technical Coordinator, July 2000 –
all on-site information and communication systems located in the
Business Insurance Service Center. Also supported call center
ACD systems and provided after-hours remote support.
• Developed new hire systems training program which reduced
problem tickets by 20%.
• Successfully upgraded Lotus Notes by implementing a thorough
• Implemented equipment lease monitoring program leading
to elimination of past due lease returns.
• Developed Call Center ACD system management reports leading
to Call Center grading system.
• Provided chair side and classroom training for Microsoft
Office and Royal Insurance applications reducing helpdesk ticket
USA, LLC, Charlotte, NC
Product Specialist, September 1997-
for Sirona USA (formally Siemens Dental X-ray) providing manufacturer
support for x-ray and dental systems on site and by phone.
• Implemented Y2K procedures resulting in customer call
• Developed technical training support for dealer technicians
throughout the USA on Siemens/Sirona X-ray Equipment through in-house
• Developed training programs for new X-ray products.
• Successfully Installed and repaired Siemens/Sirona X-ray
and Dental units throughout the US interfacing with local medical
Technical Service Manager, February
1988 - April 1997
on-site calibration services and managed contract labs in customer
facilities. Supervised and trained seventeen in-house technicians
and seven field service technicians in four state area. Directed
outside sales staff and managed P&L statement.
• Assisted in growing a two person calibration office into
a successful corporate enterprise.
• Maintained high profitability, growth and production ratios
within EIL's seventeen locations. Increased sales by 15% annually
for last five years.
• Developed Contract Calibration Lab program.
• Implemented ISO9000 quality system and successfully passed
• Developed materials and conducted in-house sales and marketing
Labs, Hampton, VA
Field Service Technician, March 1986
- February 1988
provider for NASA Langley supporting test equipment, PC's, terminals
and Mainframe computer systems
Electronic Technician, August 1980 -
Technician servicing communication, radar cryptographic and test
equipment for the US Navy.
here to view Certification and Training
MCP XP, Server2K
Comptia A +
Comptia Network +
Novell System Administrator 5.1
Central Piedmont Community College - PHI THETA KAPPA Honor Society 4.0 GPA
States Navy Advanced Electronic Technician School
United States Navy Specialized Electronic Technician School
University of North Carolina, Wilmington, Business Administration
here to view Letters of Reference and Accomplishment
here to view Certification and Training Click
here to view Letters of Reference and Accomplishment
a copy of Bill's Resume in
Office, Lotus Notes, Outlook, Citrix, Remote Desktop Support,
Helpdesk, Lawson, Essbase, Ghost, SMS, Vista, Windows, NT, XP,
Excel, Active Directory, Group Policy, Word, Power Point, Dreamweaver,
Laptop, Imaging, Software Upgrade, Patching, Server 2K3, MCP,
Comptia, A+, Net+, CNA, Novell, OSX, Macintosh, Apple, Test Equipment,
Router, Switches, Oscilloscope, Signal Generator, ISO 9000, Calibration,
Printers, Scanners, Configuration, Digital X-ray, Deployment,
Upgrade, Autocad, Insurance, Dell, HP, IBM, ACD, Phone Systems,
Blackberry, Wireless, Messaging, Sametime, Wireless Networking
Windows 7, SCCM, WDS, Kace, Project Management, Tivoli, Cloud Computing